Become a Citizen to:
- Participate fully by adding your voice and vote to our democracy
- Become eligible for government jobs
- Travel more easily on a US Passport
- Bring your relatives to the US faster
- Gain US citizenship for your unmarried children (under 18)
- Become eligible for Federal Financial
- Aid and college scholarships
- Be protected from deportation
We can provide FREE assistance to get you started on becoming a U.S. Citizen!
- Eligibility Assessments
- Assistance completing N-400 application
- Application review by volunteer immigration attorney (on Citizenship Day) or accredited representative
- Citizenship Orientation Workshops
- Referral to ESL and citizenship classes (where available)
For further information, call us today:
1.877.WA.NEWCITIZEN (1.877.926.3924) or
NEWS & UPDATES
Flag Day commemorates the day in 1777 that the Second Continental Congress adopted our flag. Every day, New Americans take the Oath of Allegiance during naturalization ceremonies across the country.
This year, OneAmerica's Washington New Americans program hosted a Flag Day Festival in Seattle to celebrate Flag Day and New Americans from all over the world who have chosen this country and the American flag as their own.
Seattle-based immigration attorney Paul Soreff saw a need in the immigrant community and, with other devoted advocates, stepped up to meet it. In 2000, Congress passed a law that provided a very short period of time for undocumented immigrants to apply for residency through a special provision under the law (245i). In response, the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) quickly organized a campaign to alert the community of this opportunity.
OneAmerica, the Washington State Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), and the Washington New Americans program (WNA) held its last Citizenship Day of the 2010-2011 cycle on Saturday, April 16, in Bellingham, Centralia, and Wenatchee. 123 volunteers, including 26 attorneys, participated to provide free assistance with the citizenship application to 148 immigrants.
- BECOME A CITIZEN
- GET HELP
- FOR MEDIA
- Flag Day
Volunteer immigration attorneys, paralegals, and interpreters offer FREE assistance with citizenship applications
Call our hotline or email us to find the next Citizenship Day near you