What to Bring



  • Your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
  • Complete the Address/Jobs/Kids/Travel worksheet, which contains the information listed below.  Bring a copy to Citizenship Day.
    1. List of home addresses for the past five years and the dates during which you lived at these addresses
    2. List of employer names and addresses for the past five years, including the dates you worked with these employers
    3. Dates you have been outside the U.S. since becoming a permanent resident and the countiries you traveled to during these trips. Bring your passport, itineraries and, if available, tickets to track all trips made outside the U.S.
    4. Your children's complete names, dates of birth and their A#s (alien registration numbers) if they have one
    5. Your spouse's name, date of birth, date of marriage, spouse's social security # and A# (if they have one)
  • Your most recent tax return and W-2 forms
  • If you receive public benefits (i.e. SNAP (food stamps), SSI, TANF, Medicaid) bring your most current award letter. (Your card is not sufficient.)
  • All documents you have about your immigration record.
  • $680 filing fee (exceptions possible) - cashier's check, or money order made out to "Department of Homeland Security" or proof you are on public benefits or are low income (proof you recieve Medicaid, SNAP or TANF benefits or proof of your income)
  • 2 color passport photos with your A# written on the back in pencil
  • Interpreters available but waiting times may be shorter if you bring own interpreter


If the name on your green card is different than your current legal name:
Bring the documents that legally changed your name (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court document).

If you are applying for US citizenship based upon a marriage to a US citizen bring:
Information about your spouse and his or her previous marriages and divorces.
Documents showing that you and your spouse are living together (examples: tax returns, bank statements, leases, mortgages, birth certificates of your children).

If you have been married more than one time:
Bring marriage certificate and divorce (or death) decree, or specific dates of all marriages and divorces.
Bring proof of your payment of any court ordered support.

If you have been outside the US for more than 6 months in any year since becoming a Permanent Resident:
Bring details about the dates you left and came back to the US, and proof that you maintained a job or home in the U.S.

If you have a spouse or children who do not live with you bring:
Any court order requiring you to pay financial support;
Evidence of your financial support (examples: cancelled checks, money order receipts, evidence of wage garnishments, or letter from the parent or guardian who cares for your children).

If you think you have been arrested, detained, or if you have had to appear before a court or been given a ticket for any reason whether in the last five years or earlier:
Bring ALL certified court and police documents (examples: police report, court appearance and disposition)
EXCEPTION--Minor traffic violations (examples: parking tickets, speeding tickets).

If your federal, state, or local taxes are overdue (or you have failed to pay them):
Bring copies of any documents, letters, or papers you sent to or received from the government about the problem.

If you registered for the U.S. Selective Service:
Bring the date you registered and your selective service number, if known.